Your wedding day is such a big day, it’s truly one of the most important days in your life. Of course you want your day to be perfect, who wouldn’t?! And of course you want to look your very best for your wedding day. After all there are going to be tons of photos of you being taken that day. Photos that will last forever. You probably have a timeline of things you need to get done before the day arrives, but do you have a beauty timeline? If not, no worries! We’ve put one together for you! We also want you to look as beautiful as ever on your big day and here’s a few tips on how to achieve that!
6 Months to Wedding Day
– Commit to one day a week that you won’t focus on wedding planning. Use this day to do things that help you relax and clear your mind such as yoga or a hot bubble bath.
– Start a daily skincare regimen if you don’t have one already. Great skin isn’t something that just happens, you have to work for it and maintain it. There is no amount of makeup that can cover up bad skin. If you don’t already have a daily skincare regimen make an appointment with a dermatologist or esthetician to create one that is perfect for your skin type.
– Experiment with your hair. If you’ve been wanting to try highlights or a new haircut, now is the time to do it. Any drastic changes need to be made way before the wedding date in case you hate it. If you don’t like it, you can always color your hair back to it’s regular hue or let it grow out.
– Eating healthy and working out should be a priority now until the wedding day. You want to look and feel your best on your wedding day and these results don’t happen overnight. Start them now!
3 Months to Wedding Day
– Book your glam squad! Now is the time to book the makeup artist and hairstylist you want and trust to beautify you on your big day. Now is also a good time to schedule your bridal hair and makeup trials so you get what you want on your wedding day.
– Spray tan. If you want to have a little extra sun kiss glow on your wedding day, but have never had a spray tan before now is the time to start experimenting. There isn’t one shade that fits all and you don’t want to look orange on your wedding day so a trained spray tanner will be able to mix the right combination for your skin tone and what you’re going for.
2-1 Months to Wedding Day
– Are you planning on whitening your teeth for your big day? Now is the time to start whether you’re using at-home kits or getting them professionally done. By starting now you can make sure you’re happy with the shade of your teeth on your wedding day.
– Attend hair and makeup trials. Now is the time to attend those bridal hair and makeup trials you booked. If you’ve decided you’re doing your own makeup or hair for your wedding now is the time to start experimenting with different looks and techniques to make sure you have it down and not trying something new on your big day that could result in big tears.
2 Weeks to Wedding
– Be consistent when it comes to your skincare and eating healthy. Make sure you keep your stress eating in check if you tend to eat a lot when you’re stressed out. It’s also good to keep your stress in check so you don’t start breaking out with stress breakouts. Both of those will cause even more stress, and it’s stress you really don’t need!
– Confirm all appointments with your vendors, makeup artist and hairstylists. This is especially important if you and your bridesmaids are going to a salon together or getting things done by the same person.
– Root touch ups. If your roots or grays are showing now is perfect timing for getting those covered before your wedding day!
– Get your man groomed. Now is the time for him to be getting his hair cut perfectly for the big day.
1 Week to Wedding
– Drink water and cut out salt. You don’t want to be bloated or dehydrated on your big day so now is the time to start chugging the H2O and stop eating all things salty.
– Get that glow. If you’re doing a spray tan, this is the week to do it.
– Spa day. This week is the perfect time to schedule that manicure and pedicure. Make it a fun day and do it with your bridesmaids!
It’s Wedding Day!
– Dress appropriately. You will be getting your hair and makeup done and if your photographer is doing shots of you and your ladies getting ready you want to look cute. Be sure to wear something like a zipped hoodie or button down shirt so you don’t have to pull anything over your head risking messing up your hair or makeup.
– Eat something! Yes! You may have butterflies but you need to make sure you are still eating so you don’t faint at the alter or look tired.
– Enjoy! This is your big day and it’s time to enjoy it so it doesn’t just fly by before you know it.